Divorce in New South Wales

Online divorce in Australia helps to reduce cost in divorce because it is not in every case that a divorce needs the aid of a lawyer, such cases where you can file an application for a divorce without the services of a lawyer is when there are no major conflict over assets, maintenance and custody of children of the marriage. However because of a lawyer’s helpful advice and their knowledge of the law, a lawyer can help in all divorce cases and make sure there are no errors in the divorce papers and even help their clients benefit from the easy divorce in Australia by getting them (their clients) reliefs or damages or share parental responsibilities by agreeing on a parental plan.

A court will not allow the proceedings of a divorce unless there have been proper arrangements for the children who are below the age of 18 years. This means when you file an application for a divorce, and you and your spouse have children or are below the ages of 18, you have to first make arrangements for the under age children such as custody of the children and maintenance of the children. When this is settled, the court will allow the proceeding for the application of divorce.

In cases where there are children below the ages of 18 years, properties or financial matters, it is advisable to employ the services of a qualified lawyer to help in briefing you about your legal rights before agreeing to any settlement and also resolve any dispute which could arise from custody or maintenance of the children.

Divorce in New South Wales can only go ahead when the marriage has broken down irretrievably i.e. the spouses have separated and have no intention of ever resuming married life. Therefore in your divorce application, you must show that you and your spouse have been separated for over a period of 12 months and there is no chance of returning to the marriage before you file your divorce papers to the Federal Circuit Court.If you can’t afford a place of your own separation can be proved even if you live under the same roof with your spouse, you don’t have to move out to another house to prove you have been separated from your spouse for 12 months. If you intend to live in the same house, seek the counsel of your solicitor to avoid complicating your divorce.

Satisfied Clients

No Attorneys, No Stress
Low Fees & Quick Results